Lehal Law has successfully represented people injured in car accidents for over 20 years. We appreciate that being in a car accident and having to deal with the insurance process that follows can be overwhelming. Lehal Law is here to alleviate that stress to allow you to concentrate on your recovery. We listen to your needs and work with you to obtain the best resolution possible.
Steps to Take Immediately After a Car Accident
If you have been in a car accident it is important that you attend to the following:
- Collect and/or exchange the following relevant information:
- Names, addresses and phone numbers of all drivers involved in the accident;
- Driver’s license numbers;
- License plate numbers;
- Color and model of the vehicles involved,
- Time and place of accident;
- Weather conditions;
- Witness names and phone numbers;
- Draw a diagram;
- Take photos of the damage to the vehicles involved;
- Call the police to report the accident;
- Notify ICBC of the accident;
- Record your injuries and how you are feeling; and
- Contact Lehal Law
Retaining Lehal Law
It is important to obtain legal advice immediately following a motor vehicle accident to review your limitation periods and to ensure that your rights are protected. Having represented ICBC earlier in her legal career, Kamaljit Lehal provides additional insight that benefits her clients. It is our experience that clients obtain higher and fairer awards if they have legal representation. Our goal is to settle when your case is ready and for an amount that is fair and reasonable. We are prepared to represent your interests in court if a settlement cannot be reached.
Most of our personal injury files are on a contingency basis with “No Recovery No Fee,” this means that our fee is contingent on you receiving a financial settlement and our fees are calculated as a percentage of that amount.
Please contact Lehal Law for a free initial consultation.